3DMonstr Fact Sheet
- The 3DMonstr Company designs and manufactures prosumer, gantry-style 3D printers and blurs the line between consumer and large industry 3D printers.
- Our goal is to enable customers to 3D print objects they’ve never been able to print before at home or in their workspace.
- 3DMonstr printers are the only 3D printers in their segment with four independent extruders, each with its own temperature control.
- Why four extruders? For speed and flexibility. Here’s an example: You may use the first one with a fine nozzle for the perimeter, a second one with a larger diameter nozzle for the infill, the third one for bulk support material, and the fourth one for easily dissolved material for the thin layer (to be removed later) between the object and the bulk support structure.
- Build Volume Size:
- T-Rex-12: 12” x 12” x 12” - 1 cubic foot (1,728 cu.in.)
- T-Rex-18: 18" x 18” x 18” - 3.375 cubic feet (5,838 cu.in.)
- T-Rex-24: 24" x 24” x 24” - 8 cubic feet (13,824 cu.in.)
- Our GentleDrive(™) extruder drive train technology allows printing with a huge range of materials (from Polycarbonate to Paraffin wax, and everything in between).
- The Liquid Cooling achieves perfect temperature control throughout each extruder.
- Our MultiZone(™) heated bed technology, for energy-efficient bed heating, was tricky to build, but our customers can now precisely control which areas of the bed get heated to which temperature. With a large print, it can take many hours to build a piece, why waste all that electricity heating the parts of the bed not being used? It’s better for the environment and for our customers’ pocketbooks.
- 3DMonstr T-Rex printers currently handle PLA (and derivatives), ABS, HIPS, PVA, Nylon, PET, NinjaFlex, Polycarbonate and Paraffin wax filament. 3DMonstr is planning additional advanced extruders: food grade (chocolate, frosting, cheese), low-temp paste (silicon, clay, ceramics), plastic pellets (PLA, ABS, & others).
- One of the limiting factors of 3D printers today is in the extruder hardware. The 3DMonstr design addresses that issue.
- The goal was to extend what people can print with, without having to outsource to a printing service. Currently, 3DMonstr can print PLA, ABS, HIPS, wax, and nylon. Future plans include expanding the practical applications of 3D printers, allowing users to print the full range of plastics, soft pastes, and food products.
- The unique, easy-to use quick mount extruders are small enough to be able to fit up to four in all 3DMonstr printers without compromising speed or print area. The powerful 3D printing motion platform was built to survive high thermal stress, for a wide variety of materials.
- At a vertical layer resolution of 40 micron, few other prosumer 3D printers can match it.
- 3DMonstr printers are manufactured in the Einstein’s Alley Research and Technology corridor of New Jersey, and we’re a proud member of Einstein Alley, an organization devoted to entrepreneurial technology advancement in New Jersey.
Copyright © 2013-2016 by 3DMonstr. All Rights Reserved..
Powered by Drupal
Designed by Devsaran.