I am convinced that the best learning takes place when the learner takes charge.
- Seymore Papert
What is 3D Printing?
- The Invent To Learn Guide To 3D Printing in the Classroom
David Thornburg, Norma Thornburg, Sara Armstrong
- SketchUp 2014 For Dummies
- Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
Sylvia Libow Martinez, Gary Stager, Ph.D.
- Tinkering: Kids Learn by Making Stuff
Printed Pieces (We brought these printed pieces to the Rutgers Teacher Professional Development conference - 2014)
- Gliders: 2 perimeters, 0.100 mm thickness, 2 solid layers top and bottom
3D Modeling software
How do I get the electronic model (.STL file) that I will end up printing?
- You can download an object from the web from websites like...
- Fossil collection from British museums
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Under "Resource Type" click on "3D Printing"
- STL Finder - searches through many of the online STL libraries for you at once.
- 10 Ways 3D Printing Can Be Used In The Classroom: Infographic
- How (And Why) To Get Started With 3D Printing In The Classroom
- Chicago Magnet School to Launch $40,000 3D Printing Lab
- Students Repair School with 3D Printing
- 3D printing for “proof of concept”
- How the Maker Movement is Transforming Education
- Department For Education - 3D printers in schools: uses in the curriculum
- An Open Source Curriculum by Printrbot
Makerspaces / Maker Faires